Highly Specialised Orthopaedic & Spinal Care
Schoen Clinic Orthopaedic and Spinal Hospital London is an award winning super-specialised hospital for adults with orthopaedic, spine and sports and exercise medicine conditions and those experiencing chronic pain. We are at the forefront of modern medicine and our world-class experts provide highly specialised treatment and outstanding clinical care.
Our parent company, Schön Klinik is Germany’s largest family-owned hospital group, running a network of 24 hospitals in the UK and Germany, with 10,000 employees treating over 300,000 patients each yea
The hospital treats patients for a wide range of orthopaedic and spine conditions as well as elite athletes and sports injuries. It’s state-of-the art central London purpose built hospital boasts three theatres, onsite diagnostic imaging, outpatient consultation suites, treatment and therapy facilities, 39 custom-designed inpatient bedrooms and five post-anaesthetic care beds. The hospital also has Consultant Intensive Care Physicians on site 24 hours a day, meaning, in the unlikely event of a patient requiring a higher level of clinical care post- surgery; the highest level of clinical expertise is always available.
Schoen Clinic London is situated in the Harley Street Medical District in Marylebone and is open all year round. From diagnosis, non-surgical and surgical treatments to rehabilitation, we offer the entire treatment pathway for orthopaedic, spine and musculoskeletal (MSK) conditions – under one roof. Our leading UK internationally renowned experts work together as a multidisciplinary team to deliver the fastest and best possible recovery to ensure patients get back to doing what they love sooner.
The hospital has 39 inpatient bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms, 8-daycase beds, 3 operating theatres, 5 high dependency unit beds and an Imaging Department with the full range of state of the art diagnostics.
A VIP suite is available with discreet private access and accommodation for chaperones.
Our Experts Include:
- Neurosurgical, Orthopaedic and Spinal Surgeons
- Sports Physicians
- Injury Specialists
- Interventional Radiologists
- Sports & Exercise Medicine Consultants
- Resident Consultant Intensive Care Physicians
- Pain Management Consultants
Leaders in the field of mental health & eating disorder treatments
Schoen Clinic UK specialises in treating patients with a range of mental health conditions at three
- Schoen Clinic Newbridge is nationally and internationally recognised as a centre of excellence for children and young people with eating disorders. It’s newly expanded hospital in Birmingham, offers assessment and inpatient treatment for 8-18 year olds experiencing eating disorders and works with the patient and their families to ensure the optimal chance of recovery.
- Schoen Clinic York is exclusively dedicated to treating adults with eating disorders and their associated mental health difficulties at its 15-bed hospital in the north of England. Its multidisciplinary team of experts includes Consultant Psychiatrists, Occupational Therapists, Dietitians and nurses working together to ensure their patients are able to return home, independently, as soon as possible.
- Schoen Clinic Centre for Mental Health Chelsea, offers intensive day treatment for 11 years+ with eating disorders and adults 18 years+ experiencing anxiety and depression disorders.
Contact us for a treatment consultation and quotation.
Bunions (hallux valgus)
Carpel tunnel syndrome
Eating disorder program
Frozen shoulder treatment
Heel pain (plantar fasciitis)
Minimally invasive bunion surgery
Mr. Ian Bacarese-Hamilton
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon & Trauma Surgeon
- Mr. Ian Bacarese-Hamilton was born in Gibraltar, educated in Hertfordshire and qualified from Charing Cross and Westminster Hospital Medical School in London.
- He was appointed Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon in London over 25 years ago and has a wealth of experience in various areas of orthopaedic surgery.
- Mr Bacarese-Hamilton has been one of the principle instigators of the ‘evolution hip’, with Joint Replacement International and is interested in rapid recovery of the total hip and total knee replacement.
- He has vast experience in arthroscopic surgery of the shoulder and knee and the management of fractures.
- Mr Bacarese-Hamilton also has extensive experience in leg lengthening and was the first surgeon in the UK to perform bilateral femoral lengthening using the Stryde nail with great success. He has an abiding interest in bone growth. Whilst the Stryde nail is being redeveloped and improved he is exploring other devices which might do equally well.
- He is a member of the British Hip Society, the British Association for Surgery of the Knee and the British Hand Society.
Mr. Ali Abbasian
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon (Foot & Ankle)
- 2000 – Medical education at St George’s Hospital Medical School, University of London, where he was awarded a Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine and Surgery with merit.
- His NHS practice is based at Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust where he has been in practice since 2012 undertaking complex as well as routine reconstructive and sports surgery of the adult foot and ankle, including total ankle replacements.
- In 2011, after successfully completing the US Medical Licensing Examinations, Mr Abbasian embarked on a Foot and Ankle Fellowship programme at the New England Foot and Ankle Centre, Mercy Hospital, in Portland, Maine, under the guidance of Dr Gregory Pomeroy.
- Mr Abbasian is one of a handful of UK surgeons who has completed a fellowship programme that is recognised by The American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society (AOFAS)
Mr. Rahul Patel
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon (Knee)
- Medicine – The Royal Free Hospital School of Medicine.
- He trained in surgery at various London teaching hospitals before undertaking a formal two-year research period culminating in a higher degree from the University of London
- His specialist orthopaedic training was on the Middlesex/University College Hospital, London rotation.
- Mr Patel then undertook subspecialist fellowship training in reconstructive arthroscopy and sports orthopaedic surgery at the University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada and at the Steadman-Hawkins Clinic, Vail, USA as well as the Mayo Clinic, USA.
- Mr Patel is a Consultant in Trauma & Orthopaedics at the University College Hospital, London. He is actively involved in the training of higher surgical trainees on the London orthopaedic rotations and is also a co-developer and course tutor on the MSc in Sports Medicine, Exercise & Health at University College London.
- He cares for elite and amateur athletes across a range of sports and age ranges with particular professional sport affiliations in international cricket, rugby and football. He is an international educator and surgical skills trainer in sports arthroscopy
- He is a member of the British Association of Surgery of the Knee (BASK), The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeon (AAOS), Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA), International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine (ISAKOS), the European Society of Sports Traumatology, Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy (ESSKA) and the International Cartilage Repair Society (ICRS).
Your Global Healthcare Partner
We’re committed to making access to international healthcare easy. We save you time and money by finding you the best treatment options from our global network.