The London Clinic
The London Clinic – Healthcare Tailored To Your Needs
The London Clinic is the largest private, independent, charitable hospital in the United Kingdom. We were established in 1932, with a guiding principle of delivering exceptional patient care and have since grown in size and expertise to become the world-class facility we are today.
Unlike other private hospitals of our scale and complexity, The London Clinic is a charity as well as a hospital. This is fundamental to our identity and how we operate, enabling our teams to invest in treatments, technology and facilities that benefit our patients, staff and the wider public.
Our reputation as a world-class hospital is based on the expertise of our medical specialists, our exemplary care and the wide variety of services we provide under one roof. Our patients benefit from our unique charity status that enables us to reinvest profits in research and clinical trials meaning that we are often able to offer ground-breaking medical approaches and pioneering technologies before other UK hospitals.
At The London Clinic, our focus is on the following core areas:
- World leading cancer care – including haemotology, AI powered diagnostics, CAR-T cell therapy, Cyberknife, IORT, Oncosil and more.
- Gastroenterology – including Bariatric and Weight Management, Colorectal, Bowel Health etc.
- Musculoskeletal – including Orthopaedics, Spinal robotics, Diabetic foot etc.
- Robotic surgery center – systems include Da Vinci XiTM/multi-purpose, Navio®/knee replacement, AquaBeam®/BPH and ExcelsiusGPS®
- General surgery – including Liver, Urology, Eye health, Neurology, Dialysis, Kidney transplant
- Neurosciences – including neurosurgery, deep brain stimulation (DBS) for Parkinson’s disease, Cyberknife for brain tumours and epilepsy surgery
- Nephrology – including kidney transplant, dialysis
- Urology – Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) treatment and women’s health services for vaginal mesh complications.
Virtual consultations are available for select consultants.
Contact us to find out more.
Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS)
Intra-operative Radiotherapy (IORT)
Mr. Ali Alhamdani
Consultant Bariatric Surgeon
- Year qualified 1996
- Member of the Royal College of Surgeons UK MRCS 2002
- MD in Molecular biology UK 2006
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons UK FRCS 2009
- First International Fellowship in Bariatric Surgery in UK 2009
- Mr Ali Alhamdani is one of London’s leading bariatric surgeons. He has performed over 3,500 procedures (with zero mortality) and provides the full range of obesity surgery procedures including gastric bypass, gastric band, gastric sleeve and revisional bariatric surgery. Mr Alhamdani has had extensive training in laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery in the UK, Europe and America.
- Mr Alhamdani has a reputation for performing extremely safe surgery with a very low complication rate and a zero mortality rate.
- One of nine surgeons in the world offering international Bariatric fellowship to new surgeons with the affiliation of the University of Oxford.
- Consultant Bariatric Surgeon, Whittington Hospital NHS Trust
Mr. Aadil Khan
Consultant Plastic Surgeon - Aesthetics & Reconstructive Surgery
- Medicine at Brasenose College, Oxford
- Specialist training in Plastic surgery in the London Deanery.
- Master’s in Public Health from Harvard University
- PhD from the Institute of Cancer Research, London
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England and was admitted onto the GMC’s specialist register for Plastic surgery in 2018.
- Member of both the British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS) and the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (BAAPS).
- Consultant Plastic surgeon at The Royal Marsden Hospital in 2019
- Fellowship trained in both reconstructive and aesthetic surgery, having completed a nationally-appointed fellowship in aesthetic surgery in London
- International fellowship in reconstructive microsurgery at the Johns Hopkins Hospital, USA.
- His specialist interests include all aspects of breast reconstruction after mastectomy, complex cancer reconstruction and microsurgery for lymphoedema (including lymphaticovenous anastomosis and vascularised lymph node transfer). He performs over 200 reconstructive procedures and over 60 complex, microsurgical procedures a year for reconstruction after cancer surgery.
Mr. Erlick Pereira
Consultant Neurosurgeon and Spinal Surgeon
- Year qualified: 2005
- Cambridge University
- Oxford University
- Mr. Pereira has a wide general practice of brain, spine, peripheral nerve and functional neurosurgery.
- He is dual-trained in complex spinal surgery, having trained in neurosurgery at the Oxford John Radcliffe followed by an orthopaedic complex spinal surgery fellowship at Guy’s and St Thomas’.
- Consultant Neurosurgeon, St George’s Hospital, London
- Visiting Professor of Neurosurgery, University of Porto
- He has set up deep brain stimulation services in St George’s, London where he is a senior lecturer and Porto, Portugal where he is a visiting Professor.
- He has numerous awards including the American Association of Neurological Surgeons WH Sweet Award, US Congress of Neurosurgeons Tasker Award and the Hunterian Professorship of the Royal College of Surgeons of England.
- Mr. Pereira is a Neurosurgical Medical Advisor to the British Boxing Board of Control.
Mr. Nima Heidari
Consultant Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeon
- St George’s Medical School – 1993 – 1998
- University College London – 2003 – 2004
- Mr Nima Heidari is a leading expert in foot, ankle and limb reconstruction at The London Clinic. He treats all conditions of the foot and ankle, as well as limb deformity and bone infection.
- As part of his work at The Royal London Hospital, where he has been a consultant since 2012, he has established a regional Foot and Ankle Unit; a Bone Infection Unit and Orthoplastics Department.
- He became a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons and has written extensively about techniques for limb reconstruction, bone biologics, minimally invasive techniques of fracture fixation and response of the growing bone to injury.
Results & Patient Feedback
Best service you will get on all of Harley Street, and in my opinion, private healthcare in London. The staff are happy and you can see that in terms of how they conduct themselves. Staff are always professional, willing to go the extra mile, and work hard to do their very best. The consultants here are fantastic and I would say are hand-picked from the creme de la creme. I have not found another place that is as organized and provides this kind of service that I would expect at a nice private healthcare setting back home in the states (I am comparing this to Johns Hopkins in Baltimore).
I am under the care of two consultants one neuro surgeon one pain consultant and both of these men, are the best at what they do. True professionalism with a duty of care for the outcome of treatment that goes well beyond other hospitals.
I had hip surgery at the London Clinic 6 months ago under Mr Bankes, followed by an initial course of hydrotherapy then ongoing physiotherapy since. All of my treatment as both an inpatient and outpatient has been excellent, and my recovery has been as smooth as can be expected as a result. As someone who did a lot of exercise previously, I am particularly grateful to Danny in the physio department who has been great during the recovery period. He has been very professional and thorough throughout, and listened to my concerns, so has geared my recovery back to an appropriate level of fitness. I would highly recommend the London Clinic, and especially the physio department.
I was treated at London Haematology at the London Clinic. If one has to go through a rough period with their health, the London Clinic is the place you’d want to be. The staff is caring and both I and other patients I spoke to there feel that this Clinic makes the patients feel special and looked after. It also benefits from a number of high caliber doctors such as Prof John Gribben & others. Thank you for providing excellent healthcare!
Your Global Healthcare Partner
We’re committed to making access to international healthcare easy. We save you time and money by finding you the best treatment options from our global network.