Prof. Dr. Verena Briner
Professor, Doctor of Medicine
- FMH Internal Medicine
- FMH Nephrology
- Lecturer Internal Medicine, University Bern.
- Private Docent in Internal Medicine, University Bern.
- Lecturer Internal Medicine, University Zürich and University Basel.
- Professor of Internal Medicine at the University Basel.
- Guest Professor of the University of Luzern
- 1979 – 1995 – Various residency positions
- 1995-2004 – Head of Internal Medicine, Kantonsspital Luzern, Switzerland
- 2005-2016 – Head Department Medicine, Luzerner Kantonsspital & Member of the board of the hospital
- 2011 – 2016 – CMO and head Department Medicine, Luzerner Kantonsspital
- Since 2018 – Medical Director, Medical Centre, Waldhotel Bürgenstock, Switzerland
Verena Briner is an honorary professor at the University of Basel and a visiting professor at the University of Lucerne. Specialised in general internal medicine and nephrology, she worked as head of the Medicine Department of the Lucerne Cantonal Hospital (LUKS) for over 20 years until 2016 and was a member of the LUKS Executive Committee.
Verena Briner has been appointed to various committees and bodies such as the Technical Committee for Highly Specialised Medicine (HSM Technical Committee) established by virtue of the Intercantonal Agreement on Highly Specialised Medicine (IVHSM). She is also a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians in London (UK) and an honorary member of several international panels of experts
- 1989-91 – Research Fellowship and Instructor in Medicine at University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado, USA